WE CAN NOT HELP EVERYONE BUT EVERYONE CAN HELP SOMEONE

WE CAN NOT HELP EVERYONE BUT EVERYONE CAN HELP SOMEONE

I was diagnosed with leiomyosarcoma of uterus in 2015. Despite a series of treatment of surgery,chemotherapy and radiation, the disease relapsed in Feb, 2018. Today, the disease has spread to many organs . However, I haven't lost hope as yet. I have always believed in God and his miracles. Someday, I will be cured from this fatal disease. I have seen a lot of  suffering during the course of my treatment.   Every year 250,000 children all over the world get diagnosed with cancer, out of which 90,000 are likely to die. Most childhood cancers are treatable, In resource rich countries three out of four children today survive.  However, in case of developing and emerging economies, children are often not diagnosed or diagnosed too late and lack access to information and life- saving treatment . Around 80% of children with cancer live in developing countries and more than half will die. (Source: Media release January 2014, International Society of Pediatric Oncologist and Childhood Cancer International).

In India, it is estimated that nearly 40,000 -50,000 new childhood cancer cases occur every year. It is estimated that in India 70% children suffering from cancer die due to lack of awareness, late detection and diagnosis. Numerous other children die due to inadequate facilities, high cost of treatment and the absence of supportive care.

In this regard, I have taken  a small initiative to work for supporting poor children suffering from cancer in India. Today, I have an online store , viz., The Renaissance Store.  I sell merchandise and home furnishing in this store and  20 percent of the profit from The Renaissance store is donated for the treatment of poor children suffering from cancer. Since I am based in Jaipur and most of my treatment takes place at Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, I decided to donate funds for the cause of treatment of poor children suffering from cancer through this hospital. The care and concern shown by the doctors and other fellow staffs in this hospital appeals  to me and that is why I decided to collaborate with this hospital for the cause. In last 6 months The Renaissance Store has donated 65,000/- for the cause.  You can also join hands with us and support the cause. 


Please visit the  following link to make your purchases from The Renaissance Store and be a part of the cause
Facebook  :  https://www.facebook.com/therenaissance2017
You tube   :  https://youtu.be/duSc-UviVIg


Monalisa Parija

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia – A type of Blood Cancer

कैंसर रोगियों सेवार्थ "आरोग्य धाम" की हुई शुरुआत

Tips to Decrease Your Cancer Risk